Tulu films 2018, best and worst performed film of the year
Best & Worst Tulu films 2018
Year 2018 is a disaster for Tulu film Industry; fifteen films were released and only few of them able to grab audience attraction. There may be several reasons for movie fans to dislike the films, week plot, less comedy and bad quality.
Best of films Year 2018
1. Clear winner of the year is Kishore Moodbidri directorial debut film ‘Appe Teacher’. Film was released in 23 March, even though some category of people opposed this film but film made the best out of it. A much needed a Hit film for the Tulu film Industry, with 100 days run ‘Appe Teacher’ is top film of the year. Film leading Sunil and Niriksha Shetty. Devdas Kapikad, Bhojaraj Vamanjoor, Aravind Bolar Naveen D Padil and others played role in the film.
2. Second is an Art film ‘Paddayi’, a National and State Awardee film released on 13 July 2018. Abhaya Simha directorial film ‘Paddayi’‘s plot based on William Shakespeare’s novel ‘Macbeth’. Film was produced by S Nithyananda Pai. Mohan Sheni, Bindu Rakshidhi, Chandrahas Ulla, Gopinath Bhat and others will be seen in the film.
Average films of the year 2018
1. First in this list is ‘My Name is Annappa’, a much hyped film of 2018, having the strong script and fresh comedy film was not reached all category of audience may be due to date clash with ‘Yera Ullerge’. Film was released in the same day of ‘Yera Ullerge’ which is on 21 September 2018.
2. Second one in the list is ‘Ammer Polisa’, expectations were so high on super hit director K Sooraj Shetty but film didn’t catch audience much! Hope director Sooraj finds loopholes and comeback strongly in upcoming year. Roopesh Shetty, Puja Shetty starring film produced by Karunakar Shetty under Hangover productions banner.
3. Third one came as surprise which is ‘Dagalbajilu’, Film released on 20 July with a great comedy timings film gained audience attention after the week of release, if this film promoted well, might have reached all audience and will be seen in top in the list.
4. Forth in the list is Ranjith Suvarna directorial film ‘Umil’ which is released on end of year (December 7), film faced a theater issue during the release and got released only in Multiplexes, weeks later makers able to get Jyothi Theater in Mangalore which is located at center of the city. Film started gaining more audience after the theater release and still up and running successfully.
5. Fifth in the list is Devdas Kapikad directorial, Arjun Kapikad starring ‘Yera Ullerge’. Low budget, limited star cast film ‘Yera Ullerge’ was released in 21 September. After the weeks of release film gained audience attention for joyful comedy sequence. Here were Master Telikeda Bolli Devdas Kapikad’s tricks worked! He knows how to tickle Tulu audience. Arjun Kapikad and Rashmitha Chengappa leading film backed up by comedians like Sathish Bandale, Sai Krishna and Sandeep Shetty Manibettu.
Worst performed films of the Year 2018
First in the list is Manoranjan JV directorial ‘Bale Pudar Deeka E Preethig’ film was year 2018’s opener, film lacked quality and failed to reach audience, second is Keerthi directional film ‘PettKammi’ a horror concept film, Tulu audience rejected it. Third one ‘Namma Kusalda Javanyer’ failed for poor making quality. Suraj Bolars Dark Comedy film ‘Pattis Gang’ and Ismail Moodushadde’s ‘Pammanna The Great’ lacked promotion not reached every audience, film passed away from theater in two weeks. Rajanish Devadiga directorial film ‘Kori Rotti’ failed to reach weak plot and poor acting, last to come is 100th Tulu film Arjun Kapikad leading Shashanth Malpe directorial ‘Karne’ for poor making.
Above lists are made by us by going through our past reviews, when it comes to best of the best we choose ‘Appe Teacher’ and ‘Paddayi’ and average is ‘My Name Is Annappa’ and ‘Yera Ullerge’. What is your opinion on this? Do write us and comment! Not forget to share if you liked our choices.